This blogpost contains affiliate links, if you choose to utilize those we will be compensated. See our full disclosure policy at here.
We’ve established that we’re southern, ya’ll know that as well as you know your own names. What goes with pinto beans like salmon patties and cornbread? Nothing. Since we’ve gone vegan and oil free of course salmon patties are off limits, and we’re fine with that now that we’ve made these heavenly fried rice cakes! Dip them in a little ketchup and you’re welcome ya’ll! That’s heaven on your plate, and no fat to travel over the lips and straight to the hips! Here’s the recipe!
- 1 cup Long Grain and Wild Rice cooked with 1.5c of water and no added oils or fats.
- 2tbsp very finely diced sweet onion
- 1tsp Dried Parsley
- 3tbsp Whole Wheat Graham Flour
- 2 tbsp Veggie Broth/Veggie Stock
- 1/2 TSP Maldon Sea Salt Flakes
- Cook the rice according to package instructions although sans any butter or oils.
- Once rice is cooked and tender add all other ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Prepare a nonstick skillet by brushing with veggie stock if you’re oil free or very very lightly with oil if you’re not oil free and vegan.
- Fry until you’re satisfied with their crispness
- Serve with a side of ketchup
If you’re newly vegan, trying to lose weight, and oil free, well then you’re welcome because this is the best recipe ever! If you are trying our recipes be sure to drop a comment <3.
Prices and promotions can change or expire at any time without notice. Always verify pricing before purchase. The information contained on this site is for general information purposes only. While we make every attempt to keep the information on this site correct, we make no representations or guarantees of any kind about the accuracy, pricing or availability of any deal, context, graphics or outside links on this site.