Our fabulous friend, we’ll call him M, contacted us about creating a custom farmhouse style kitchen island for his kitchen. Since we absolutely love him and his significant other D to pieces, we are more than glad to oblige. Attached you’ll find a photo of the “before”, and next Monday we will follow up with the “after”. We’re super excited to bring this project step by step to you so you can diy one for your kitchen!
The Plan :
- Remove the original legs, add legs that are 18-24 inches taller.
- Add a solid shelf at 12 inch height beneath the original dresser
- Ship lap the sides and back
- Add a diy butcherblock countertop (steps will be shown)
- Paint and Distress
- 1/2-1 inch plywood
- 8-10 pieces shiplap
- 6 2×6 planks
- New hardware for handles and knobs
- wood conditioner
- Wood Stain
- 1 craigjig
- 1 tablelsaw
- 1 router
We will post updates and step by steps as we go! We hope you’ll join us!